We call the personal information you provide to us “Data”. The Data that you provide to us could be via the “Website” (MaximBet), telephone calls, SMS, or other ways that you interact with us.
We may also receive information from our providers while protecting you from harm such as anti-money laundering, fraud and through our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) processes. Any such information will be treated as personal information and used and processed in the same way.
Any Data that we store, collect and use is to help us manage your relationship with us. Sometimes, with your permission, we will use this information to send you marketing offers, transactional information, or other information that you may find useful. In this short document, we describe how we will process your Data.
How to Get in Touch
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have, and we understand that Privacy is a big concern for many people. If you have any questions, need any clarifications, or just want to chat through any questions, please use the onsite chat function or email support@MaximBet.com
Storing Your Personal Data
Your Data is always protected in a safe, secure way according to both law and our own high standards. You are protected twice - both by your home country and the EU laws, as well as by the compliance laws we must adhere to maintain our gambling license permissions in Malta.
We will keep your Data whilst you remain a customer of MaximBet and for the minimum length of time required by law. We will notify you if your Data cannot be deleted for technical reasons.
Why We Process Data
As well as being subject to Data Protection legislation, we have license conditions to uphold which mean that we must do checks on identification, address, and age to prevent things such as fraud, and to comply with anti-money laundering regulations. It would be impossible for us to do this without processing your personal Data.
If you choose not to provide us with Personal Data, we are unable to open an account for you as it would mean we are unable to fulfill our license conditions, and legal obligations in terms of fulfilling a contract or performing services required to operate your account.
How We Use Your Data
Within the European Union, your Data is protected by law - you may have heard of Data Protection or GDPR - we are bound by these rules, and we follow them even if you’re a resident of a country outside of the EU.
You are protected by law in the following ways:
Consent - we must have your permission to process your Data
Legal Obligation - where we must process your Data to fulfill a legal obligation, this could be to confirm a deposit
Contractual Necessity - where we must process your data to inform you of something or to fulfill a contract such as when you have registered
Legitimate Interest - in this case, we can process your data if you’ve shown interest in something and you haven’t specifically said you don’t wish to be contacted for this reason, an example of this may be an offer relating to something you’ve done previously
Vital Interest - in this case, we process your data as part of a need to protect, an example of this could be if you self-exclude
Explaining a Legitimate Interest
Under Data Protection laws in Europe, the only time we may contact you in a way that may be considered marketing, non-vital, legal, or contractual information is by considering what we send a Legitimate Interest. At all other times, either you will have been a part of the process (such as registering, playing, or depositing), or we have important information to tell you such as relating to account balances, or other transactional types of communications which we consider so important that we use one of the other categories as justification for the communication.
We will always tell you why we are communicating with you, what that Legitimate Interest is, and give you an easy way to raise questions or objections. You can always choose to opt-out of these communications, even where you have previously chosen to opt-in.
The Types of Information We Collect
We will collect the following types of Data:
- Information that you input directly into forms on the Website or any other communication such as email or SMS
- Information that you give us over the phone, inputted on your behalf by one of our agents
- A record of all chat, SMS, email, and phone correspondence that you take part in
- Contacts made via any of our social media channels
- Transactional information that you carry out by any means
- Games you play, bets you place, and any financial outcome related to those
- Surveys, customer research or any other type of data you give voluntarily
- Website visits, including location and technical information such as IP address, and any other technical data related to your visit which may include pages visited, click data and other analytical information
- Public Data from sources such as internet searches and media to assist us in fulfilling our obligations relating to fraud prevention and anti-money laundering only where it is legal to do so and will not infringe your rights and legal protections
Contacts to Customer Services
Any telephone calls, emails, and chats that you take part in our customer service, payments and other customer-facing teams will be recorded for training purposes, and where a legal contract is made via telephone, to verify this contract and ensure that the level of service you received was to the correct standard.
Sharing Your Data
We will only share your information when it is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you or where there is a legal obligation, below are some examples:
- To carry out fraud checks
- To verify your identity
- Where we are compelled to do so by a law enforcement agency, regulator, or other government body
- To carry out a credit check
- To pass back Data to an organisation that introduced you to us
- Third parties because it is necessary to be able to deliver the service you requested
- Other third parties where you permit us to do so
Sometimes, it is necessary to share your Data with other third parties who provide services on our behalf.
In such cases, your Data may leave the European Union or the European Economic Area. In such cases, their standards must be at the same level or greater than our own, and we will always audit these third parties to ensure standards are met.
For the operation of our business, your Data may be shared with group companies that are either parent, associate, or subsidiary. In the event of a succession of ownership of our business, your Data may also be transferred as a part of that process.
Data Transfer Outside The EEA
We will only transfer your data outside of the European Union or the European Economic Area in specific cases:
- Where you have given us permission to do so
- Because it is necessary to comply with a legal or license obligation or condition
- Because it is necessary to deliver the service you requested
In such cases, their standards must be at the same level or greater than our own, and we will always audit these third parties to ensure standards are met. Furthermore, we impose the following conditions:
- The country your Data is being transferred to is listed by the European Commission to offer the same level of protection. You can read more on the European Commission Justice Website.
- Our contracts will stipulate these protections and to the same standards
- In the USA, the receiver of the Data must be registered with Privacy Shield which is approved by the European Union.
In cases where we are compelled by law to transfer your Data, we cannot guarantee how that Data will be used by that third party.
Controlling Your Data
We believe in the principle that the Data belongs to you, and you have the right to request it, change the way we use it, and ask us to stop storing it. You can exercise your rights in the following ways:
- Gain access to the Data that we hold
- Correcting any Data that is incorrect
- Erasing any Data that we process
- Opt-out or withdraw consent from receiving communications from us
- Making a complaint to your local Data Protection Authority
- Object to us processing Data under the reason of “legitimate interest”
- Object to a decision made by system / automated processing and ask for human intervention/review
- Lodging a complaint with any relevant Data Protection Authority
If we make any considerable (material) changes to this policy we will make every effort to inform you in advance by email, SMS or via the Website.
Who “We” Are
Whenever we say “we”, “us”, or “our”, this should be read as CG Colorado LLC, a company registered and incorporated in the state of Colorado. MaximBet is operated by CG Colorado LLC under the state laws of Colorado. CG Colorado LLC is licensed and regulated by the Colorado Division of Gaming. CG Colorado LLC registration number is 94342204 and its registered office is at 18 COLUMBIA TURNPIKE, SUITE 200, FLORHAM PARK, NJ 07932.
We have full control over the way your Data is collected and the way it is used, stored, and processed on MaximBet, and for the purposes of data protection legislation, we are the “data controller”. In plain English, this just means that we have the responsibility to uphold this policy, to protect, and accurately record anything that relates to your Data.